Theatre Employment Opportunities
CURRENT POSITION OPENINGS:
- ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR (UNDERSTANDING FILM, INTRO TO THEATRE)
- TEACHING ASSISTANT, (DIVERSITY IN FILM ONLINE, FALL SEMESTER ONLY)
- ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR (SCENIC PAINTING, SCENIC DESIGN, PERIOD STYLES)
- GUEST SCENIC DESIGNER (Call 435-879-4384 for details)
- GUEST DIRECTORS (Call 435-879-4384)
Call for Teaching Assistant applications for the online Diversity in Film course offered by the Theatre Department for Fall Semester. Please direct applications and inquiries to Mark Houser, Theatre Director at email@example.com or 435-879-4384. The general application can be found on the Dixie State University HR website. Please fill it out online, print it and send it to or drop it off at the Theatre Department Secretary in the Eccles Fine Arts Building on campus.The Teaching Assistant’s main responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, reading and grading papers for the Diversity in Film online course.
- Applicant may be in the last year if their program or first year alumnus
- English degree or thorough English background preferred
- Strong reading and grammar skills
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.8
- Authorization to work in the United States and Social Security Number
- Interest in teaching a plus
Position: Adjunct Instructor, Theatre
Date Position is Available
Required Degree, Licenses or Certifications:
To qualify to teach in Theatre at Dixie State University, the applicant must have a Master’s degree in Theatre. Teaching experience in higher education preferred.
Required Skills or Software:
Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
Required Applicant Documents: To apply for an adjunct position in Theatre at Dixie State University, please send the following:
Resume or Curriculum Vitae
A completed application form (This application needs to be filled out, printed and sent directly to the Theatre Department Director)
Three letters of recommendation
A letter of interest
You can email the letter of interest and the resume as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org. The completed application form and the letters of recommendation should be mailed to the address below or scanned and emailed to the address listed above.
Note: Only applications for the Theatre positions listed above should be sent directly to the Director of Theatre. Applicants for other positions should contact Human Resources.